Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scrappy Cat

Still not finished!
A few years ago I taught myself to crochet. I wish that I would have learned to knit and crochet from my Great-Grandma Nannie. As a child I didn't see the value in it, another missed opportunity. I really enjoy it and just wish that I had time to work on bigger projects.
 Back in May I started working on a crochet project using only scrap bits of yarn. My son, Vincent, loves cats so I wanted it to have an alley cat feel to it. I followed a pattern that I purchased off of Etsy.com from Ludys shop.I did modify it using a US size H hook and worsted weight yarn. Her patterns call for perle cotton thread and are very small. You
 should check out her shop if you enjoy crocheting.
Well here we are at the end of July and the cat is still missing a leg and eyes.  It took me all but 30 minutes to finish him.  Vincent is thrilled and so am I since that is one more project that I completed.  I do think that Scrappy Cat needs a garbage can to sleep in now. Maybe once the girls go back to school!
Thanks Mom!
I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment