Friday, August 12, 2011

Beauty Secret

Ever since I was a kid I loved makeup. When I would go to my Grandma Jonas' house she would let me play with it. I would always have to put on that blue eyeshadow, lots of it, and red lipstick. I would pretend to be one of those playboy bunny girls with a pink outfit and high heels. I would play that I was married to Shawn Cassidy and we lived on a farm and feed chickens all day or that I was being rescued be Luke Skywalker. Can you imagine what kind of movie Star Wars would of been if Princess Leia would of been running around in  a pink playboy bunny outfit?
Well lets fast forward to today. I still love my makeup but just in muted tones. I never did get to don the blue eyeshadow fad. The problem is that as I grow older it seems to do weird things by the end of the day. I end up looking  like the person depicted in Edvard Munch's painting The Scream instead of one of those girls on the front of a harliquin book. Not that I look like one of those girls anyway, but I can still imagine can't I?
The Scream
Do to this issue I started looking into makeup primers. I never could bring myself to purchase one though. They are very expensive in my opinion and I would always equate how many gallons of milk or gas I could buy for the price of one of those small bottles. Well last week I learned a little secret that the beauty industry does not want you to know about. There is this product by the makers of Monistat. It is called Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel. It has all the same ingredients as one of those expensive primers but it only cost me $5.99 for 1.5 oz. at Target. I may have been able to get it cheaper elsewhere but Vincent does not shop well at all so when I found it I bought it. It does work well so if you are in the market for a primer and can't get over the sticker shock give it a try. Then come back and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment