Thursday, September 15, 2011

On My Mind.....Garage sale find


I am taking part in "On My mind" with Rhonda over at Down to Earth. She has an amazing blog so when you are done here go ahead and click on the link at the end to visit her.
I took Vincent for a walk to the Post Office today and on the way home we came across a garage sale. I found this fabulous polyester fabric dating back to the late 70's.  There is almost two yards of it and I got it for $.50. At first I was thinking that I would turn it into a bed for the dogs seeing that doodlebug destroyed yet another one. The thing is is that when I went to pay the woman told me how painful it is to part with all the fabric she put out.Now I know there is no way I could turn this into a dog bed/chew toy. 
Come spring time we plan on giving Gianna and Tia our bedroom and giving Vincent Gianna's so we will be doing some redecorating. I had already planned on finding a yellow and gray bed-set for Tia so now I'm thinking how perfect this will be. I am going to turn it into a duvet cover for her existing comforter. I already have a bunch of dark gray fabric that matches perfect with this. I have never done a quilt of any kind so this will be another one of those teach myself projects.
Now visit Rhonda at Down to Earth to see what is on her mind: http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2011/09/on-my-mind_15.html#links

1 comment: