Saturday, October 1, 2011

Easy crochet dishcloth pattern

I have had the itch to do some crocheting lately but I don't have the time to sit down and work on a big project. Since I could use some new dishcloths and washcloths for the tub I decided to work on these. This is a very easy project that can be done in about an hour or two.
Materials
1 ball of Lily® Sugar’n Cream cotton yarn
Size 5 mm (U.S. H or 8) crochet hook
Instructions
Ch 26.
1st row: 1 hdc in second ch from hook. 1 hdc in each ch accross. Turn. 25 sc.
**2nd row: Ch 1. Working in back loop only of each hdc, 1 hdc in single loop of each hdc accross. Turn. 25 sc.
Repeat last row until work measures approximately 7in square. Fasten off.** 

Your cloth will end up with a ribbed texture to it. Nice and simple.





4 comments:

  1. I never realized that you could create something that resembles knitting so easily with simple crochet stitches. love this pattern. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am confused...in your directions you said that for first row, 1 hdc in 2nd ch and ea ch across, ok, got that..I understand that at the end of that row it was meant to say 25 hdc not sc, ok, but on the 2nd row, it says to ch 1, working in blo, 1 hdc in ea sc across, so if you can clarify that for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you start your second row you will chain one and insert your hook into the back loop of the second chain from hook. You want to insert the hook over the front part of the loop and under the back loop. Normally you put your hook under both loops. When you get to the third row continue to so this and in the end you will have a ribbed pattern. I hope this helps, if not please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perhaps say hdc in single loop of each hdc. Most crocheters read sc as single crochet. Thanks so much for sharing this, its a hot summer so this is a perfect project :)

    ReplyDelete