Monday, May 21, 2012

The Fairy Costume


 Well the play has come and gone and here we are with one week left of school,whoo-hoo!! I finished Gianna's costume with time to spare and was very happy with the results.

The wings took a bit of patience due to the fact that the wire I used was a bit thick and hard to bend. I used four wire hangers and bent them to the shape I wanted and then covered them with white tights. I then painted them with acrylic paint and used glitter glue to add some sparkle.

I used hot glue to add ribbon to the outer edge of each wing and glued the flowers and willow to the center to hide my joint.


I found this site that has a great video for basic instructions, http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Fairy-Wings-HOW-TO-and-BONUS-Costume-Essential/ . From there I got inspiration from other pictures and from the crown I made. It was a lot of fun to just let my creativity loose for a while.

Yes, Tia had to get in the shot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment