Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homemade Honey Sugar Scrub


This past Mother's day I made gifts for my Mother and Grandmother. I crocheted them each a set of washcloths and paired them up with some homemade honey sugar scrub.
 My initial intention was to make them lemon basil sugar scrub, but on one of my outings I came across some unfinished wooden beehives. I envisioned them on top of the jars I would be using and so honey sugar scrub it was.

Making your own sugar scrub is so easy. For this one all you need is three ingredients, 3/4 cup olive oil, 3/4 cup honey and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Mix it all together until well blended and spoon into jars. When you go to use it just mix it up again with a spoon and scoop out what you need. You can use this for your hands, feet and elbows to help remove the dry skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment