Friday, September 14, 2012

Handmade Monster High Fleece Blanket







My niece has a birthday coming up and is into Monster High. While I have never seen the cartoon and have no idea what the attraction is about, I decided to make her a blanket and pillow set with the skull on it.

I found the image through a google search for Monster High coloring pages and printed it up. I traced the image onto double stick fusible webbing and then ironed to the appropriate colored fabric. After cutting out the pieces and putting them together I ironed them onto the main piece of fabric. I then zig-zag stitched around each piece not only for a finished look but to make sure it stays to the fabric after washed. For the blanket I zig-zag stitched around the whole blanket for a finished look. I do think she will like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment