Monday, February 3, 2014

Simple Winter Bruchetta



 
My husband asked me to make bruchetta for him to take to work for the Superbowl game but seeing it is February and I have no fresh tomatoes or basil from the garden I was at a loss, I can't stand flavorless tomatoes from the store.
I found this on Hunt's web site but tweaked it a bit. I think that the key here is using Litehouse basil and Litehouse garlic. They are freeze-dried and therefore taste very fresh!

1 28oz. can petite diced tomatoes
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
4 tsp. Litehouse garlic
3 Tbs. Litehouse basil
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper (would have used cracked pepper if I had any)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let marinate for at least an hour. Serve with toasted french bread.

French bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick and toasted lightly in oven set at 275 degrees. I don't put oil on my bread before or after I toast it but if you like it that way you could brush some on.

No comments:

Post a Comment