Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Better than Brown N Serve Dinner Rolls - For the Bread Maker



As a kid all we ever had for dinner rolls were the packaged brown n serve rolls that you get at the store. I used to buy these for my family before I knew I was capable of making my own rolls. Those cannot possible be good for you with who knows what additives added in to keep them fresh and dough like until you brown them.
Well several years later of bread making I have branched out and now make my own rolls. These rolls are just awesome. They have rise and are soft and just plain great with soup! You will get about 20 rolls from a batch.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. sugar 
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp yeast

Directions
Add the ingredients to your mixers pan in the order given. Insert pan into maker and set to Dough setting. Press start and wait for it to finish the cycle.
When dough is done rising remove from pan and the dough into golf ball sized balls and place in 9 x 13in casserole pan. I like to use my Pyrex pan because I just prefer how things bake in glass. Cover pan and let rise until doubled, about 30-40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes. When done remove from pan and serve warm.  Honey, butter, soup, whatever goes well with them. You can also freeze any leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment